Mont-Tremblant is gorgeous year round, but the breathtaking colours of the fall season really stand out. So much so, locals have dubbed this short mini season “les couleurs” (French, for the colours). For a few weeks that start in the end of September and run through October, tourists from Quebec and around the world flock to the Laurentians to witness the majestic mountains light up with gorgeous colours. Tourists and locals alike have an assortment of fall activities in Tremblant to chose from to marvel at nature’s opus. For the adventurous, helicopter and plane tours are available from numerous activity providers in the Tremblant region.
Mont-Tremblant’s National Park has a seemingly infinite number of hiking trails, for all levels and family members. Most popular among them is the Via Ferrata, an experience that is similar to rock climbing.
Want to get the amazing views without the treacherous climbs? Take the Mont-Tremblant Gondola to the top, and take in the fantastic views from the highest peak in the Laurentians. Still pleasing the adventurous types, there are Zipline courses that offer safe thrills for families in Tremblant and the Laurentian region. For those of us who prefer a more serene approach to enjoying the season, you can rent bicycles or rollerblades and enjoy the Petit Train du Nord, a mostly flat and well groomed path that runs over 200 km from Saint Jerome to Mont-Laurier, passing through Mont-Tremblant.
Finally, to soak up the beauty if the season in the most relaxed fashion, indulge in a trip to the spa. Or, if you are lucky enough to have one at home, stay in!
So grab a sweater, and enjoy the crispness of autumn. Tremblant Living Luxury chalet rentals are the ideal place to get cozy after a full day of fresh air. Our chalets have fireplaces, hot tubs, balconies to watch sunsets and dark nights for stargazing.
Contact us at 1-888-932-1131 or browse our gorgeous Tremblant Cottage Rentals then make an online reservation inquiry.
Dreamscapes magazine’s Donna Vieira describes Mont-Tremblant as “the perfect place for a family gathering.” Describing the “mouth-watering” menu prepared in her chalet by a private chef, she reviews her stay in our chalets, and in the region in this short article:
Read the PDF version – click here
There is a Canadian tradition in early February of predicting the length of the winter via a wise Groundhog. This tradition may seem antiquated and a bit silly to many, but it holds strong! Though the groundhogs are all over Canada, they tend to have a similar prediction, and this year, it is clear: We have six more weeks of winter coming!
For those of us who enjoy the winter months, this is not so disappointing! It just means 6 more weeks of skiing, snowshoeing, and generally enjoying the beautiful Canadian outdoors.
Why are we excited about 6 more weeks of winter at Tremblant Living? Well, let us tell you our favorite things about winter:
- It is beautiful. In the city winter can be cold and gray, but here in the Laurentians, in Mont-Tremblant, it is all white and blue. On clear days, the view from the top of the ski hill, and from your chalet are absolutely incredible. The sun shines brightly on the snow and it sparkles like glitter. You have to see it to believe it.
- It is fun! There is so much to do in the winter here you can’t do in the summer: ice skating, cross country skiing, skate skiing, dog sledding, and now, they have fat-bikes, or winter cycling!
- The stars are brighter. This is not a scientific fact, but personal experience tells us that the colder the night, the brighter they shine.
- You can eat more, and heavier. Only in the winter can you truly enjoy Quebecois classics like fondue and raquelette, not to mention French onion soup. If you don’t know about these you can ask our expert concierge to send you in the right direction and try it out, or stay tuned for our next blog post on the topic.
We know it can be cold, but if you dress properly and in layers, you have nothing to worry about. We have advice here on how to stay cozy, too.
Good news is, you have 6 more weeks to enjoy the winter season at Tremblant Living! Contact our sales team and come join us!
Erica Diamond is an award winning blogger and writer who also appears on Gobal Montreal News.
Erica had a wonderful experience when she stayed in one of our new properties, Chalet Du Denali, named after de mount Denali in Alaska is such a beautiful home.
” The new property we stayed in, Chalet Du Denali, named after de mount Denali in Alaska is such a beautiful home. It is in Domaine Bel Air, and guess what? WE WERE THE FIRST GUESTS TO EVER SLEEPT THERE! It is slightly further from the Tremblant resort, but provides intimacy and quiet, and there are many activities on-site as well…. “
” Tremblant Living offers much more than “just” the best properties in Mont Tremblant. Their Premium Concierge service can help you customize and arrange your sensational luxury lifestyle experience…. “
Read more about Erica’s stay with Tremblant Living.
Your visit to Tremblant Living can be done completely without a car!
A common misconception is that visiting rural areas like Mont-Tremblant, require having your own vehicle. While most people do come to Tremblant with a vehicle, for those coming from further away like Toronto and New York, it might be easier not to drive!
A car-free experience is very possible, more relaxing, and a more sustainable way to travel, even without a vehicle.
Here are some of our tips:
1.Book one of our on-resort properties:
- Bondurant is directly in the village, across the street from the Westin, and steps from restaurants and shops.
- Altitude, hovers above the resort, and offers spectacular views of the lake and mountains while being a short walk (about 5 mins) to the resort.
- We have our classic Panache units, that are nestled on mountainside. They each have private hot tubs, pool/ping-pong tables and are within a 10 to 15 minute walk, downhill, to the resort.
- With legendary views of the lake, the brand new Havre units are located just beyond the top of the village. They feature up to 8 Bedrooms, private hot tubs with views of the lake, balconies and barbecues. They are a 15 minute walk to the resort.
- Our signature property, Tremblant Manor, is of course the one of a kind chalet that is within a 2 minute walk to the resort. This incredible home features 9 bedrooms and an indoor pool.
2. Allow us to fill your fridge:
- Groceries are a major component in any family vacation. Let us take care of it, by pre-filling your fridge with everything you require. Our Hospitality team will provide a list so you can select the foods you would like, and you will find your fridge full of goodies when you arrive.
3. Book some private services:
- If you would prefer to skip the walk to the resort one night, or enjoy an adults-only dinner in the comfort of home after the kids have gone to bed, we can organize a private chef to come into your luxury rental and cook for you. Interested in yoga or a massage? Let us know, and we will have an experienced professional come to you!
4. Getting here:
- How will you get here? Tremblant provides Shuttle service to the Tremblant Airport. A brand new bus service comes directly from Montreal.
- Finally, we can always arrange a private shuttle or car for your group. Just let us know, we are here to book for you!
We hope you enjoy travelling to Tremblant Living properties, with or without a vehicle. Know that both are very possible.
Your incredible experience awaits
As Canadians, we embrace all of the seasons. There is something particularly enchanting about Spring on the ski slopes, though, when it feels like everyone is breaking out of hibernation, and the Adirondack chairs are bursting with happy people, enjoying the longer days and warmer temperatures. We’ve compiled a short list of everything there is to love about spring skiing!
- It isn’t freezing! Many devout skiers endure the cold temperatures and biting winds, because they love the sport, so, so much. Spring skiing, on the other hand, has winter warriors shedding layers and slathering on sunscreen. It’s not uncommon to see people careening down the slopes in shorts and a t-shirt.
- Raccoon tans. Speaking of sunscreen, you know its spring skiing when people show up at the après ski with white rings around their eyes.
- Apres Ski – Spring Skiing does seem to focus even more on the social aspects of the sport, the conditions being variable, and generally we all go a bit slower so we can take advantage of all that sunshine, and the sweet slushy snow before it melts.
- It’s FUN! The conditions being so variable, and the weather being mild leave a lot more space for being experimental and silly with our sport. We can hang out at the bottom of the hill between runs, try different jumps, and use the new equipment we just bought at a spring sale.
- It’s great for skiers of all levels. The lighthearted attitude and mild weather of the spring ski crowd, paired with less people on the slopes makes it a great time for beginners and children to really spend some time improving.
- Live music! Starting in the Spring Tremblant hosts live music in the Place Saint Bernard, the central plaza of the Tremblant Pedestrian village.
- Great deals! Spring Skiing can be variable from year to year, but the prices are always better – you can get more runs for your money.
So that’s why we love Spring Skiing, here at Tremblant Living! And this year, with the record breaking amount of snow (546 cm so far this season!) will ensure there is going to be a long and lovely Spring ski season, and the lifts are staying open until April 21st! You still have a month left to enjoy the gorgeous wintry outdoors of Mont-Tremblant, and it’s Spring Skiing. Give us a call today so we can help you book your spring adventure of a lifetime!
The Hills are Alive this summer! Tremblant is a year-round destination, and Tremblant Living’s luxury rental homes are the ideal place to experience all summer has to offer! You can select a secluded chalet a few minutes drive away, or choose one of our townhomes within walking distance.
Book now for this Summer’s Events:
Subaru IRONMAN 70.3 and 5i50 Mont-Tremblant
Saturday June 22nd
Tremblant is a favored location for this race that returns every year since the beach, transition area and bike and run courses are centrally located and easily accessible.
Almost 2 kms of swimming take place in Tremblant Lake, followed by 90 kms of cycling through Mont-Tremblant’s mountains. Athletes then run 21 km, finishing in the city’s pedestrian village.
Canada Day Celebrations
Sat., Jun. 29 – Mon., Jul. 1
Join the big party on the mountain to celebrate Canada’s birthday! Activities include public entertainers, raising of the Canadian flag, birthday cake, fireworks and a major concert.
Tremblant International Blues Festival
July 5 – 14
10 days of Blues Music will fill the hills of Tremblant during the International Blues Festival From July 5 to 14, 2019. This well known festival features artists from all over the world, and styles covered include R&B, soul, funk, country, folk and rock. Tons of shows, most of them free, will be presented in various locations in the area.
Tremblant Beach Party
July 20, Saturday 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Located at the The Beach and Tennis Club, a few minutes walking from the resort, this all day event is sponsored by Corona. Enjoy DJ’s in the afternoon and a live band in the evening. The event will end around a fire at sunset.
Les Rythmes Tremblant
July 19 – 28
Les Rythmes Tremblant features Quebec’s and Canada’s artists, for free, every afternoon and evening during this time. You can meet your favourite celebrities, and even take part in interactive beats.
Traversée du Lac Tremblant
Fri., Aug. 2 – Sun., Aug. 4
During this fun weekend, participants have the options of three distances: 1km, 3km and of course the feature event the 12km crossing of Lac Tremblant. This incredible and unique event is the “Swim of a lifetime”. It’s the Traversée du Lac Tremblant / Canada UltraSwim.
Mont-Tremblant Half Marathon
Sunday August 11
A fun, 21.1 km race through the heart of Tremblant, offering a whole weekend of fun for the whole family.
Subaru Iroman Mont-Tremblant presented by Sportium
Fri., Aug. 16 – Sun., Aug. 18
Athletes swim in Lac Tremblant, transition with a soft red carpet and cheering spectators to a 180 km bike course that runs through Mont-Tremblant’s forests and mountains. Finally they run a full marathon, 42.2 km enjoying the famous Le P’tit Train du Nord, the longest linear park in Canada.
La Fête de la Musique de Tremblant
Fri., Aug. 30 – Mon., Sep. 2
This annual event blends majestic scenery of Mont-Tremblant with a celebration of music in all its forms.
Thu., Aug. 22 – Sun., Aug. 25
This multi day yoga, music, and food festival is a returning feature to Tremblant. Yogis and beginners flock from the surrounding areas to try all different types of yoga with world-renowned and local teachers. You can also hike up to the top of Tremblant , and take the gondola down. In the evening, take a wine cruise on the lake, grab a bite of the local cuisine while watching the headliner musicians play, and check out the DJs at the lakeside silent disco.
When’s the last time you got away with some of your best friends? As adults, with families, and careers, and parents… it’s not as easy to get away for a weekend as it used to be.
A weekend away is so important, and so beneficial! Tourism Mont-Tremblant invited us to participate in this great video, documenting some friends getting away for the weekend, in one of our gorgeous Panache luxury townhomes.
So why is Mont-Tremblant, more specifically Tremblant Living, the place for you to take your friends?
- The mountain is incredible! The best skiing on the East side of the continent, Tremblant is world-renowned. We’ve gotten plenty of snow lately, too with now a total of 425cm !
- The restaurants and bars! We have an amazing selection of dining options, as well as lounging and drinking places. All are within walking distance from our luxury townhomes and condos, so you don’t have to worry about taking a cab!
- We do well, really well: We’re into wellness. Spas, hot tubs, massages, yoga classes… we have everything you can think of to rest those hardworking bones.
- A real outdoor playground: if the ski hill isn’t your thing, or you would like to vary your activities, there are tons of other options! Snowshoeing, Snow Skating, Fatbiking, Dogsledding… those are just the winter activities!
- The people: Quebecers are well-known for their warmth and hospitality. You will find Tremblant an extremely warm and welcoming place.
- Space, and services: Our homes range from 3 to 9 bedrooms and bathrooms. Sharing a hotel room with 4 people might have been cool in your twenties, but we think you appreciate your private bedroom, private bath, with a shared pool table, full kitchen, surround sound, fireplaces… right?
- Our Trip planners! The most welcoming of all, our team of dedicated specialists will you know you by name and work hard to ensure all the details of your trip are taken care – this extra service is included in our rental costs.
So please, browse some of our properties, here, and then give us a call. Our vacation rental specialists are waiting to talk to you.
What do you get for the person who has everything? An unforgettable experience, of course! We’ve curated a selection of 3 different amazing experiences in Tremblant that you can gift to your loved ones this season.
1. Ski in Ski out Getaway
Enjoy one of our Ski in Ski out Panache townhomes, our Altitude luxury condominiums, for 2 to 14 people! The drive up to Tremblant is beautiful, on the way you take in views of snow capped mountains. You find your rental home easily and slide into your indoor parking. Opening the door to your luxurious townhome, you find the fire lit, the fridge full of what you need, the hot tub is ready. Your ski equipment as well as your lift passes for tomorrow are waiting for you in the hall. A perfect weekend awaits you, makes a great gift for your employees or extended family.
- Lift Passes
- Ski Rental to the door
- Lessons (if needed)
- Booking in the luxury property of your choice. Our pick: Panache
2. Relaxing Private Escape
Everyone needs a little more relaxation and downtime in their lives. We’ve organized this experience with that in mind. Book it for a weekend or a cozy mid-week break. Turn your phone off, don’t tell anyone where you are. Drive up to your private luxury chalet, where you can’t even see the neighbors. Order in, and enjoy a bottle of wine in front of the fire. Over the weekend laze around watching the snow fall, receive a massage and a private yoga class, enjoy some Netflix. A morning dip in the hot tub perhaps?
- In House Massage
- Booking in the luxury chalet of your choice. Our pick: Chalet Trappeur
3. Fine Dining Luxury Experience
For those with a more refined pallet, the traveller who voyages through food, we have a unique experience for you. Check into your state of the art, brand new luxury townhome with a unique code made for you. Use our custom, Glad to Have you application to view all the features of your chalet, and contact our concierge team. Play your own music through our Sonos surround system. Await your private chef, Sommelier, or Mixologist who is coming to give you a sampling of the region’s finest foods. Have a culinary adventure paired with unique wines without getting in the car. The next day enjoy a sampling of local delicacies delivered to your door for breakfast.
- Private Chef
- Sommelier or Mixologist
- Local Delicacies delivered to your door
- Booking in the luxury chalet of your choice. Our pick: Horizons and Havre
What are you waiting for? Give us a call today and we can prepare your special and thoughtful gift!
We love the calm before the storm of the ski season. Fall can be a wonderful time to visit Tremblant. It’s definitely quiet but there’s still lots to do. We’re experts in cooler weather ‘cocooning’. Here’s our suggested itinerary for the Top 6 things to do during your visit.
- 4pm Arrival and Check – In
We’ll send you a unique code for checking in, so you can arrive whenever you like. Let our concierge team know what you like and we will stock the fridge for you, so you don’t need to stop on the way!
Enjoy a glass of wine by the fire, or maybe in the hot tub as you relax and unwind
Ask us to book a private chef for you, and enjoy a scrumptious meal without having to leave the house, or clean up. The best of both worlds.
You will sleep soundly in our large comfortable beds, equipped with fine linens. The quiet and darkness of our natural scenery will help you sink into a soothing and restful sleep!
We provide your first coffee, because we know how important it is. We provide locally roasted coffee beans from Couleur Café.
We can have a yoga teacher or local hike guide meet you at your chalet for a class, or an outdoor adventure.
There are a variety of lovely restaurants and cafes in the Tremblant Resort, or in the town of Tremblant that serve up delicious local food. We definitely suggest to try the best crêpes at La maison de la crêpes or the exquisite brunches at Le Comptoir in the Fairmont Tremblant.
We can arrange for a masseuse to come to your chalet or townhome. You can also choose to spend the afternoon at the Scandinavian Spa, lounging in a variety of saunas, steam rooms and cold plunges.
Grab a drink in one of our local bars or restaurants and get a feeling for the local vibe! Authentically local a the micro-brewery La Diable, or completely trendy at the Axe Lounge in Fairmont Tremblant.
Ask us for our restaurant recommendations, or pick up some groceries or take-out, and have an easy meal in the comfort of your luxury chalet. Our suggestions: fondue or raclette, and have add some entertainment to your evening with the visit of local sommelier that will pair perfectly your wine.
Enjoy a nightcap or a tea in the hot tub. You can shoot a couple of rounds of pool, play ping pong, or watch a movie on our big screen televisions. Head to bed early for another night of delicious sleep!
We can have a breakfast basket and the paper delivered to your door, (champagne always an option!) so you can spend the morning in your bathrobe with a view of the mountains
Pack up and head to the resort for lunch or a walk by the river. Head home knowing you have invested in yourself, and we’re looking forward to having you back soon!